John Lars Zwerenz
I am drunk with waves, I am drunk with wine.
I have returned from Spain with gold and gems.
I have found my princess donning diadems,
In the courtyard where the stones meet vine.
She wanders as a gypsy in the vast, marble square,
Where slender fountains rise in the cool, spring air.
Her home is up high, on the terrace of the tower,
Where she sings of fair love to the trees above the bower.
~ John Lars Zwerenz
John Lars Zwerenz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Courtyard by John Lars Zwerenz )
- Never feel alone, hasmukh amathalal
- Last Words Played, michael walkerjohn
- Death is certain, hasmukh amathalal
- The Little Men, michael walkerjohn
- Furthest Right, michael walkerjohn
- Political Correctness, michael walkerjohn
- Shiva Stotram, umaprosad das
- THE SEASON, michael walkerjohn
- Far away, Gert Strydom
- THE DOMINIS, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns