John Lars Zwerenz
I am drunk with waves, I am drunk with wine.
I have returned from Spain with gold and gems.
I have found my princess donning diadems,
In the courtyard where the stones meet vine.
She wanders as a gypsy in the vast, marble square,
Where slender fountains rise in the cool, spring air.
Her home is up high, on the terrace of the tower,
Where she sings of fair love to the trees above the bower.
~ John Lars Zwerenz
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Courtyard by John Lars Zwerenz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Day Your Mother Kept For You, mary douglas
- Leaving For Okinawa In The Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Into Your Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- What You Thought I Thought You Thought, Dexsta Ray
- Cactus Flower, Midnights Voice
- Sacrifice, Nassy Fesharaki
- Keep your mind wide open, Petai Jirakongpipat
- THE MYTHS OF LIES, Satish Verma
- The Garage Sale Blues, Francie Lynch
- No Paper This Morning, Donal Mahoney