John Lars Zwerenz
I am drunk with waves, I am drunk with wine.
I have returned from Spain with gold and gems.
I have found my princess donning diadems,
In the courtyard where the stones meet vine.
She wanders as a gypsy in the vast, marble square,
Where slender fountains rise in the cool, spring air.
Her home is up high, on the terrace of the tower,
Where she sings of fair love to the trees above the bower.
~ John Lars Zwerenz
John Lars Zwerenz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Courtyard by John Lars Zwerenz )
- Keep It Up, Edward Kofi Louis
- Two Golden Stripes, Edward Kofi Louis
- How Deep Is Your Love Towards Me?, Edward Kofi Louis
- Muse, love, joy!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Shibah, Edward Kofi Louis
- Leaves, Clive Blake
- From The Summit, Edward Kofi Louis
- Love And Unity, Edward Kofi Louis
- Trick or Treat, David Lewis Paget
- My childhood, qin xing
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- November, Thomas Hood
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(3rd April 19sixty)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)