DEEP DARK SOUL POET
Again there is a clamour, an enormous din
The night grows thick the clouds grow thin
The silence enters me making me shake
The noise is frighten ing like an earthquake
The night is being loud again.
In the depths of the dark
There is a faint noise within
From somethin g lurking, unseen.
If I focus my mind,
Time' s path can be heard
Ticki ng along.
From a room down the hall;
Rustl es and creaks
Mixed with subtle murmurs
Tied along with dreams.
Music streams from a flash of a car,
Out there with bright lights,
Angry engines that rumble past.
Loude st, though, in my mind.
Thoug hts upon thoughts.
Screa ming and fighting.
Clamb ering and pushing.
More and more.
And only once the silence enters
Does the noise in my head begin.
The dark is being loud again.
DEEP DARK SOUL POET's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (the dark... by DEEP DARK SOUL POET )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Give Up the Black, Steven Rhoads
- In Sickness, Elizabeth Shield
- Selective basis, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -38, Ronjoy Brahma
- white paper, binod bastola
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -37, Ronjoy Brahma
- Rename the sun, gajanan mishra
- Hold color, hasmukh amathalal
- NATURE'S FRAGRANCE, Romeo Della Valle
- Evolution, Is It Poetry