The Death Road
The road to death lasts a fortunate amount of time,
As simple steps are taken to avoid the authority of time.
The death has been an event, an event has been the death,
Like living quarters changed, like enemies slain and blamed.
My death is a sudden affair, too close to the revelry of this Paradise,
But deadly in intrigue, with eruptions of pain and antagonism.
This death, this new life, carries a weight of fair consumption,
So weigh your lean meat, as far as the eye has talented.
They say the dying are our offspring, the dead do dismay,
And the dying have been our offspring, so felt by those in grief;
The grave is my journey and destination, my point of departure
And point of arrival, like the incident not so long ago.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Death Road by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Into The Past, Randy McClave
- Got The Feeling, Arthur Moore
- When I am alone, gajanan mishra
- Off To War, Randy McClave
- Woman's right to her child, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Which make one's beauty?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Independence Day of India 2014 (in acros.., Dr John Celes
- Bitter-Sweet Memories, Matthias Pantaleon
- Friend 2, Neela Nath
- Romantic Love, The Princess