The Deep Darkness
I am alone in the darkness it swallowed me whole...
no room for pity or remorse, it just took me away... even my soul.
It dosen't matter which way i stand it all looks the same...
Everytime i cry it all seems to be in vain...
No lights, no switches, nothing to change my view...
just darkness... please dont let it get my world too...
I am alone in darkness.....
I found a new enermy, his name was fear...
he came and took my joy and happiness and made it disapear..
Soon ill have nothing only whats not mine...
in a world where evil enjoys making nothing everywhere...
the plauge is spreading! ! Quick! !
I am alone in darkness... i hope for not much longer...
i feel sometimes in a deep dream and want to awaken from my slumber...
Prehaps if there was time id count and see how long it will take...
But for now im in endless torment...
I want to be rid of this place...
Anthony Levitt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Deep Darkness by Anthony Levitt )
- MEP interrogation, Over The Moon
- Whole, Ruta Wuneh
- मेगनआव, Ronjoy Brahma
- ‘Tis permitted Us Nay, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Dilapidated house, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The violin plays, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The palaces of the skies, Emmanuel George Cefai
- There was a buzz at night, Emmanuel George Cefai
- To those sacred Places, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Green Signal, Asit Kumar Sanyal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)