Seyyed Bagher Mirshojaee
The dog-eat-dog plot
A lunatic eagle in a suicidal operation twiddled with the tail of an old lion and set it on fire.
The authorities of the jungle gathered to counsel to do something about it;
'We should not wipe stained with blood spots by shedding more blood
So let's unlock the door of democracy.'
Send our eagles in the sky
And teach the presupposed attackers a lesson.'
'Peace making flights!
ِ Don't get close to them
Something in their faultless looks may be frightening and contagious
Attack from high afar.'
'Open fire on them
Aim at the flowery spots of the mother's dress
Fire, fire, fire, fire, .....
'The baby was not on her mother's lap, was she?
She was asleep, wasn't she?
Now all of the vultures fall down! ''
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The dog-eat-dog plot by Seyyed Bagher Mirshojaee )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cryptic Revealed Smile Enigmatic Eye Awa.., Terence G. Craddock
- X, Midnights Voice
- Drone .....[little SPY 'fly-by'; definit.., Bri Edwards
- Opposite People, Tony Adah
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck