C. Albert Andrews
Return to me let me smell your sweet perfume
Not lavender, though that was good
The roses were just as sweet.
What I missed even more was your splash of love.
That aroma, those whispers, the softness
And cool breeze of freshness
That springs thoughtless dreams into reality.
Though deeply sleeping, those gentle touch
And angelical radiances,
Create atmosphere of awakening love.
I could hear myself, 'if I am lost, let it be now'.
Let me remain here,
And watch you leap towards me
As the smooth trail of your seamless dress
Let me continue to sleep.
For moment such as this,
Can only exist once.
So let me dream on,
While you run back to me!
Let me be lost,
Lost in this slumber
And be found only by you.
You watching me rise.
Rise to meet you.
May it be morning at sunrise?
At noon or dust when the sun goes down.
My true love has returned
The freedom she once sort has led her home.
Never to leave again, I hope!
My eyes opened, just to see
The love of my life next to me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Dream by C. Albert Andrews )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- True Love, Robert Penn Warren
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Placid Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Verzetsstrijders, Madrason writer
- Weke vaders, Madrason writer
- Disconnected, Madrason writer
- From what tall lie am I, Madrason writer
- Out Of Body, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Honour my feelings!, Rekha Mandagere
- The End is Coming, michael hagwood
- A pencil on a painting, Ntando.B Da poet
- Distance, Alex Rodriguez