C. Albert Andrews
Return to me let me smell your sweet perfume
Not lavender, though that was good
The roses were just as sweet.
What I missed even more was your splash of love.
That aroma, those whispers, the softness
And cool breeze of freshness
That springs thoughtless dreams into reality.
Though deeply sleeping, those gentle touch
And angelical radiances,
Create atmosphere of awakening love.
I could hear myself, 'if I am lost, let it be now'.
Let me remain here,
And watch you leap towards me
As the smooth trail of your seamless dress
Let me continue to sleep.
For moment such as this,
Can only exist once.
So let me dream on,
While you run back to me!
Let me be lost,
Lost in this slumber
And be found only by you.
You watching me rise.
Rise to meet you.
May it be morning at sunrise?
At noon or dust when the sun goes down.
My true love has returned
The freedom she once sort has led her home.
Never to leave again, I hope!
My eyes opened, just to see
The love of my life next to me.
C. Albert Andrews's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Dream by C. Albert Andrews )
- Song, Blessing Ekpe
- Everyone Asks, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Sooner or later عاجلا ام اجلا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Fools Game, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Dragons Of The Night, David Harris
- Spread Some Love, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- True Romance, Electric Lady
- For every smile thus there the stars of .., Raymond Sawyer
- he Gift, david kush
- I'm always like this, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- This is Just to Say, William Carlos Williams
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1927)
(5 November 1494 – 19 January 1576)