THE DRUG ADDICTS WON... JULY 15TH,2013
The media moguls seem to have accepted the notion that the drug addicts won,
And we the people are once again being pushed by their con,
The drug dealers are happy to sell their illegal drugs nearby
How did this catering to the underworld, come about and why?
They’re claiming that the clinic in Vancouver was a success though,
So Toronto will have injection sites somewhere in town and you didn’t even know,
We may even have several, though referendums are always denied,
Democracy for the people in Toronto, is not being applied.
We could solve this problem by putting the drug addicts in jail,
It would no doubt interfere with what the drug dealers have for sale,
This whole problem could be compared to religion and which one you’re in?
The others are obviously not right and probably involved in sin.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE DRUG ADDICTS WON... JULY 15TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- The Truest Love., Achill Ladd
- Points made between waves, Mark Heathcote
- ignus fatuus or sketches of my past?, Mandolyn ...
- Black Wings, Lilly Emery
- United we Stand Divided we fall, Aftab Alam
- Beauty, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Come Home, Richard Provencher
- Like our dream, Aftab Alam
- A puppet in times hand, Aftab Alam
- Nature's arts., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)