THE EAGLE WITH HIS FULFILLED DESIRES
The eagle flew high up in the sky,
On a pleasant morning having a sigh.
On his journey he met with a stranger,
Later he knew that it was an angel!
He begged the angel to grant a wish-
So the angel gave him a fatty fish.
The eagle was sad, but he accepted it from all his heart.
The pleased angel took the eagle near to him,
Then the eagle was gifted with a house-
Which was full of his favourites-rats and mouse.
The eagle's hapiness! knew no bounds,
He flew around and around the angel,
And one step of the eagle on the ground,
The eagle disappeared from surround! ! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE EAGLE WITH HIS FULFILLED DESIRES by akash parvatikar )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 September 1880 – 25 June 1958)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Poetry Heaven, Kim Barney
- Thank You My Love, Margaret Alice Second
- My Dream, Michael P. McParland
- joshua trees hopping in the trunk of the.., Mandolyn ...
- my lovely lovely wife, Rasheed Alqahas
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White
- Eric Gone Postal, Eve White
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison