THE EAGLE WITH HIS FULFILLED DESIRES
The eagle flew high up in the sky,
On a pleasant morning having a sigh.
On his journey he met with a stranger,
Later he knew that it was an angel!
He begged the angel to grant a wish-
So the angel gave him a fatty fish.
The eagle was sad, but he accepted it from all his heart.
The pleased angel took the eagle near to him,
Then the eagle was gifted with a house-
Which was full of his favourites-rats and mouse.
The eagle's hapiness! knew no bounds,
He flew around and around the angel,
And one step of the eagle on the ground,
The eagle disappeared from surround! ! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE EAGLE WITH HIS FULFILLED DESIRES by akash parvatikar )
- Dream packed drama, hasmukh amathalal
- A fool واحد احمق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Quite same, hasmukh amathalal
- Lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Exquisite Thing, Mark R. Elias
- Leaf to Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Strange Paradox, Sandra Feldman
- Celebrate Life, david kush
- Speechless, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns