The Earth Has Promised
The earth shall cry for the forces of time,
An event passes, a world collapses,
This age is against the clock,
This age belongs to us who weep
And craft out habits for the future.
The earth has dined forever in this day,
The floor is dripping with radicals
As the crust of the world shall be roasted
Inside and out by the rivers of lava and magma
That shine wearing their colours.
The earth is so bountiful and beautiful
That love has adorned the generations,
Who they cry for is absurdly to reconnoitre,
Who they are founded on is just that history,
To be enjoyed and trusted like the worldly indulgence.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Earth Has Promised by Naveed Akram )
- 'MY FAMILY', paul fornillos
- ~ Eyes ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Panama Canal, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest
- Contrary Sary, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pixley Folks, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out In The Open, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Worry-Chaser, Edgar Albert Guest
- Henry Ford's Offhand Way, Edgar Albert Guest
- Happiness no quest at all, Pranab K. Chakraborty