The Empty Tomb
Oh, three humble women early on Resurrection Sunday,
carried spices to anoint Jesus' body
laying in His grave. 'Who will roll the stone
away from the entrance of the tomb? ' They asked each
other filled with gloom.
Suddenly, they looked up filled with fright, as they
beheld a young man dressed in white, who comforted them,
'Please do not be afraid, Jesus' body is not in the grave.
Just as He said, He has risen from the dead. Go and tell
his disciples and Peter, too. He has gone into Galilee
ahead of you.'
But when the women told the men, they of course did not
believe them. When eter and his friend (John) ran towards
the tomb, all they found was an empty room.
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The accounts are all taken from the New Testament of the Bible, and were based on eye witnessed accounts of the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. May He richly bless you and keep you in His care.
Comments about this poem (The Empty Tomb by Roxanne Dubarry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- JUST ONE AND SINGLE, Juwon Daniel
- Love is God, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Precious gold, Mark Heathcote
- God is Love- 2, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Power Of The Mighty God, Lilly Emery
- I am a Slave, Madrason writer
- Only one poet knows me., Jena Crowe
- Release Me To Those Fresh Breezes, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I SPEAK NOT, I TRACE NOT, I BREATHE NOT .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- sunglasses and cheap gum, Jena Crowe