George Pope Morris
The Exile To His Sister.
As streams at morn, from seas that glide,
Rejoicing on their sparkling way,
Will turn again at eventide,
To mingle with their kindred spray--
Even so the currents of the soul,
Dear sister, wheresoe'er we rove,
Will backward to our country roll,
The boundless ocean of our love.
You northern star, now burning bright,
The guide by which the wave-tossed steer,
Beams not with a more constant light
Than does thy love, my sister dear.
From stars above the streams below
Receive the glory they impart;
So, sister, do thy virtues glow
Within the mirror of my heart.
George Pope Morris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Exile To His Sister. by George Pope Morris )
- Lock& key, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Will you accept my tiny rose, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Dig in me, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Shower, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Joy Fills the Night, Steven Federle
- Jelly, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Love Without Ownership (yeah right!), Monk E. Biz
- Fuzzy Fellow, Patrick Czyz
- Feel a human life!, Somanathan Iyer
- Last night, Krishna Shivkumar yadav