The Face In The Mirror
Look through my eyes and tell me who you see in the mirror?
You see a girl oh so bright, oh so sweet and oh so full of life?
But is that really me?
All I see is a broken faith, a heart torn apart and a false lie of a life
Don't you see the real me?
I can't escape myself, I'm driving myself insane with all these thoughts inside my mind
How can you see me but not my soul?
Every time I look into that mirror I look away in fright of what faces me
I can't find myself, where am I?
Or better yet who am I? Where did I lose myself? When did I forget who I was?
It's been so long, so many years past I can't remember.
All I know is that the face staring back at me in the mirror isn't me.
Starrbox Munoz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Face In The Mirror by Starrbox Munoz )
- Waves of customers inside those stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Leading Me Home, Heather Burns
- She's mad at me today, Louis Borgo
- An Event, Heather Burns
- Hiding In The Open In Her Room, Is It Poetry
- All Hallows Eve, David Lewis Paget
- The Devil Twists God's Words & Desires., Tom Zart
- Naturality, michael walkerjohn
- time, lee fones
- I Saw You Today, Raven McCall
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- If I Knew Someone Cared, Nicole Rawls
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- CHERYL winter
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)