The Family Tree
A tiny seed is sown with care into the fertile ground
Then a small tree pops out slowly from its earthly mound
With care it is nurtured by the life giving soil and air
The branches then began to reach as if to someone near
Its roots can grow and flourish as far as the eyes can see
Just like the many members that makes up the family tree
The leaves are like the children that's born of mothers and fathers
The tree may be hewed down but root remains in sons and daughters
The mighty trunk of the tree is what keeps its limbs together
A family should remain steadfast in any kind of weather
Is your family like the one that can't withstand the storm?
Or is it one that doesn't care to be within the norm?
Everyone who lives on earth is born with a family tree
We have no choice in the matter it's part of our history
A tree can grow to unknown heights as if to touch the sky
The family tree will always flourish whether we live or die
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Family Tree by Patricia Grantham )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Splattered On An Aging Quilt, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- OUR CONSCIENCE KEEPS US FAITHFUL, Tom Zart
- Qi Breath, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Railway station, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- I Want The Past That Will Never Be Again, Shalom Freedman
- Tachyon Mind, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Suicide, Michael Shutt
- i would so come and give without taking..., Mandolyn ...
- As we want child, hasmukh amathalal
- The Zoo Keeper, Maharishi Deja Vu