Princess, princess up in the tower,
Would you look down on me?
Because down here, i hold a flower,
That I picked from overseas
And in each petal holds my love,
Which is forever yours.
Greater than the stars above,
More gentle than the singing dwarves.
Each one softer than a butterfly's kiss,
And a fragrance so sweet; eternal bliss.
Look down on me, princess, my love.
My dream come true, the angel above.
Come down from your tower,
And let us meet.
I can’t wait to see your beauty up close,
From your head to your feet.
And once you’re down, let me hold you tight,
To cherish the moment that feels so right.
And from now on, together we’ll stay
Together forever, for the rest of our days.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The First by Monina Furigay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Our Roads, Somanathan Iyer
- It's Not Just Rain, Daniel Skentelbery
- The Day After I Shouted Abuse at the Queen, Daniel Skentelbery
- Name-Calling, Diane Hine
- A pan fried fish…?, Mark Heathcote
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman
- wedding day, ademola oluwabusayo
- Dream the moon, Somanathan Iyer
- आंनि देरा, Bahadur Basumatary
- Oh Israel, Michael Shutt