The First Anniversary Sonnet
We stood and proclaimed 'I do' wedding wows
and the organ grinded
The Taco Bell Canon in D Major
and Chopin's Polonaise Mayonnaise in Egg Flat.
We dashed into the Sausalito Hotel
into the Queen Victoria room
sipping gold champagne, clicking crystals,
shedding our fig leaves...and multiplying.
Let's celebrate our Paper Anniversary at the Gypsy Cellar.
The candlelight steak dinner comes with a violinist
who will serenade us
to Leon Russell's ballad 'Song for You'.
Edna St. Vincent Millay sums up my glee:
'I only know that summer sings in me.'
Bob Genevro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The First Anniversary Sonnet by Bob Genevro )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Forever Crying Angel, Vlad Mutuleanu
- ThankYou!, Geetha Jayakumar
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Day 28 of July 2014, Erica Borges
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz