THE FIRST FIRST TIME WE MET(JAB JAB WE MET)
First time I saw you,
Just you I gazed -
Those alluring eyes,
Your vibrant voice,
The first time I engaged
Conversation you, in short slips,
sweet nothings passing our lips,
smitten—boyish charm of yours,
hiding beneath sunglasses.
The first time, heard I those heartbeats,
Knew they beat for me,
Lay I in your arms,
You asked me what,
I answered in ‘raptures’,
Felt depth of security.
The first time, you entered my world,
Amazed was I-the thought that,
If you would disappear from my life,
How then, live life, without you.
The first time your soul I glimpsed,
Couldn’t even blink,
The very thought of chains that fasten,
The rectangle of love.
The first time, you embraced,
Made me only ask,
of your gentle touch.
The first time you kissed,
Whispered in my ears,
“I love you”,
Was like a song, to be heard again and again.
The first time, told you of my dreams,
Surprised me by saying -
They were yours too.
Locked in your kiss,
Heavens opened for us,
And the keys to that lock were
In guardian angel’s hands.
Some of my cherished
FIRSTS to pass,
AND MANY MORE,
FOREVER TO LAST.
JAB JAB WE MET
FIRST FIRST TIME WE MET
ANJALI SINHA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE FIRST FIRST TIME WE MET(JAB JAB WE MET) by ANJALI SINHA )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
Poem of the Day
- The role of Kama, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I Dream of Her, Olufayo Ezekiel
- I realized why we get hurt, Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- That fatal day to all, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Note 10, Michael P. McParland
- Secularism in true sense, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Mark o Connor's ballad of a man from sno.., Juwon Daniel
- you need to know: (, Manauwer Raza
- Solitary song, gajanan mishra
- To Sleep I Go, Michael P. McParland