THE FIRST FIRST TIME WE MET(JAB JAB WE MET)
First time I saw you,
Just you I gazed -
Those alluring eyes,
Your vibrant voice,
The first time I engaged
Conversation you, in short slips,
sweet nothings passing our lips,
smitten—boyish charm of yours,
hiding beneath sunglasses.
The first time, heard I those heartbeats,
Knew they beat for me,
Lay I in your arms,
You asked me what,
I answered in ‘raptures’,
Felt depth of security.
The first time, you entered my world,
Amazed was I-the thought that,
If you would disappear from my life,
How then, live life, without you.
The first time your soul I glimpsed,
Couldn’t even blink,
The very thought of chains that fasten,
The rectangle of love.
The first time, you embraced,
Made me only ask,
of your gentle touch.
The first time you kissed,
Whispered in my ears,
“I love you”,
Was like a song, to be heard again and again.
The first time, told you of my dreams,
Surprised me by saying -
They were yours too.
Locked in your kiss,
Heavens opened for us,
And the keys to that lock were
In guardian angel’s hands.
Some of my cherished
FIRSTS to pass,
AND MANY MORE,
FOREVER TO LAST.
JAB JAB WE MET
FIRST FIRST TIME WE MET
ANJALI SINHA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE FIRST FIRST TIME WE MET(JAB JAB WE MET) by ANJALI SINHA )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar