THE FIRST FIRST TIME WE MET(JAB JAB WE MET)
First time I saw you,
Just you I gazed -
Those alluring eyes,
Your vibrant voice,
The first time I engaged
Conversation you, in short slips,
sweet nothings passing our lips,
smitten—boyish charm of yours,
hiding beneath sunglasses.
The first time, heard I those heartbeats,
Knew they beat for me,
Lay I in your arms,
You asked me what,
I answered in ‘raptures’,
Felt depth of security.
The first time, you entered my world,
Amazed was I-the thought that,
If you would disappear from my life,
How then, live life, without you.
The first time your soul I glimpsed,
Couldn’t even blink,
The very thought of chains that fasten,
The rectangle of love.
The first time, you embraced,
Made me only ask,
of your gentle touch.
The first time you kissed,
Whispered in my ears,
“I love you”,
Was like a song, to be heard again and again.
The first time, told you of my dreams,
Surprised me by saying -
They were yours too.
Locked in your kiss,
Heavens opened for us,
And the keys to that lock were
In guardian angel’s hands.
Some of my cherished
FIRSTS to pass,
AND MANY MORE,
FOREVER TO LAST.
JAB JAB WE MET
FIRST FIRST TIME WE MET
ANJALI SINHA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE FIRST FIRST TIME WE MET(JAB JAB WE MET) by ANJALI SINHA )
- Orphans, Nassy Fesharaki
- An Atheist on Sunday, Donal Mahoney
- Remember me, micheal john
- For God and Country, John F. McCullagh
- Smoking is Injurious to Health, Aftab Alam
- While crying, let me smile, gajanan mishra
- Butterfly's Flight, Steve Kittell
- Then and Now, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Atomic Genius, Naveed Akram
- Grieving, Phil Soar
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)