The First Or The Last...?
The first or the last,
Slow or fast …?
Does it really matter,
If you are thin or fatter,
A fool or so clever
Or never was a rot,
But love had a lot?
Will anyone care
If this case's rare?
Will anyone cry
If you live or die?
It happens often
When you are in a coffin
They say sweet words.
Now nothing hurts.
You don’t hear,
Though they are near.
You can’t speak,
You can’t throw a brick,
You can’t send them to hell
And say you are at last well.
Larisa Rzhepishevska (Odessa, Ukraine)
The 2nd of April,2014
Larisa Rzhepishevska's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The First Or The Last...? by Larisa Rzhepishevska )
- Green Signal, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- I will search, Emmanuel George Cefai
- A smile, Emmanuel George Cefai
- दोँ नै, Ronjoy Brahma
- As a lovely flower, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Slow As a trickling tap, Emmanuel George Cefai
- To meet you, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Enchanted grail, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Eyes of night, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The violin played, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)