Is It Poetry
The First Time I Was Raped In Prison It Was Not The Last
I did not know what to expect.
Being brought into this level seven prison.
Union correctional institution,
called the rock.
This was Raiford,
where death row was and still is.
Earl Grey was his name he was in for murder.
From a psychotropic drug induced sleep,
I was in his mouth before I woke up.
Never having been sodomized before the raw terror.
He was long and thick, my cries by the guards
I could not take it all in.
Some how I did find a way out in my head.
The slow stretching and tearing went on forever.
Who else but they no-one cared.
Some even smelled the stink.
This animal, is my shame.
Over and over again, I some how survived.
No one even cared.
Some of U.S. did not make it.
Suiciding by climbing the fences.
The A.R.Fifteens did the rest.
Every night I died a new death.
In Florida the executions were preferable,
to the rapes, no one knew about.
The wardens knew in the garden of dread, made of evil.
Some even took graft and more from some of us.
Other's we're still children under the age of eighteen.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The First Time I Was Raped In Prison It Was Not The Last by Is It Poetry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra
- Maple Tree, Kyle Schlicher
- In the clouds, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Missing You Now, Nida Sofi
- EVERY POEM HAS ITS PHILOSOPHER AND ITS P.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Going to meet an end, gajanan mishra
- Helen Keller, Kyle Schlicher
- Insignificant, Kyle Schlicher