The Fisher Queen
I confess my life's a mess,
Because I'm on your hook,
The best alas I can expect,
Is the slightest look.
Like an inert jumping bean,
Im unfit for the purpose,
I know you're the Fisher Queen,
And I am only surplace.
The Fisher Queen that's right my dear,
Atlast I've sussed your game,
All this time you've been so mean,
Now I can do the same.
A fleeting brush should be enough,
Is that what you believe?
Pity with your finger tips,
A touch too much deceives.
Your beauty used to nourish me,
I viewed you as divine,
But it was not my destiny,
To dangle on your line.
Max Gatrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Fisher Queen by Max Gatrell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- By all means stay, Kindred velarde
- The Only Thing Received, Kindred velarde
- Says he was in Falluja, Gouda Moon
- Labyrinth of Ghost, Aftab Alam
- Waiting for unknown, sultan mahmud
- SYNC 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- First meeting, Kristopher DeLander
- Hope, Kristopher DeLander
- Silence Is A Beauty To Endure, Monk E. Biz
- Home, Kindred velarde