Theodora (Theo) Onken
((( The Flower)))
She's a standout in a ground full of weeds...
Tall-lithe stem-ever so green-
Dew covered leaves glisten in between-
A brillant blossom ablaze in this Pastoral scene;
A beauty so elegant-so very rare--
Filling the landscape that once was so bare...
With colours and perfumed aromas so very fair...
If you look very closely-They're simply everywhere;
Planted in the sod by Gods own hand--
For He 'tis the Creator of this green-natured land...
Such a Regal Beauty in the Garden-she stands--
He's given us this Flower-so very grand;
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (((( The Flower))) by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard
- Unprepared, Disrespectful 'and' Undiscip.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Summer Nights, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- THE PRETTY SEASONS AND THE PRETTY ROCK O.., MOHAMMAD SKATI