The Frogs Went To War (a poem for children)
There’s fighting in the duck pond,
the frogs have gone to war!
They’re punching toads and kicking newts,
they’re out to settle an old score.
“These lilly pads are ours! ”
Screams a gigantic froggy brute.
Then he hops into the reed bed,
then starts beating up a newt.
“Stop this, it is madness! ”
Shout the old grey geese.
But the frogs just ignore them,
they’re waging war, not peace.
They’re hopping past the bulrush,
they have just slapped mother swan.
Their battle cry is “Ribbit! ”
And still they’re marching on!
“Enough! ” Shouts the heron,
“This really has to stop! ”
He bares his beak, his frog eating beak,
then not one frog dares hop.
The heron has them fleeing,
the frogs hop off in retreat.
They’re apologising frantically,
knowing they’re what heron likes to eat!
Jojoba Mansell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Frogs Went To War (a poem for children) by Jojoba Mansell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- A Quarrel, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Lighthouse by the Sea, Mary Bone
- Imagination's Gardens, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Betrayed, Vanessa Parodia
- meri zingagi ek kahaani bn gyi, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- Nighttime Visions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A song of sadness, Vanessa Parodia
- Eternal Wanderlust, Leah Ayliffe
- star came to me, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- u loved me once, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER