The only thing that scares me is the future
I could stare death in the face and laugh, but the future...
A chill runs up my spine, colder than the arctic
The thought itself is scary
Even though I know my future is bright
Getting old, damn if i let that stop me
But it's still the thought that scares me
Why can't time stop now?
Everything is perfect now. I have my family, friends, life is all good
In the future, I lose my parents, my sister, friends, I don't want that
But I'll man up. I'll make the best of it, I have to.
Though, I'll never forget those days...No matter what.
Khaleel Steir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Future by Khaleel Steir )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Angler's Ballad, Charles Cotton
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Haiku - Life, chandra thiagarajan
- An educational song., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Not permanent, hasmukh amathalal
- UNKNOWN, Fatima Obaid
- My Fight, Rusty (Ed) Gibson
- Remembering Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- In HIm Alone, david kush
- Irony of the world., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Don't Cry, Kyle Schlicher
- My Life Once Used To Be, Kelly Shanks