The gentle rain
I went to bed seeking relief from my pain
There in slumber I remained till day break
Slowly awake listening to the fall of spring rain,
Gently pouring down from the pottery slate.
Night had gone away and the usual light was late
Held back in atmosphere by the gently falling rain
Then suddenly the showers open heaven's gate,
And parted the clouds that were in silent restrain.
The gentle falling rain came with superior fame,
Whose vapor became stronger and enlightening?
When the rain came bringing fine leads of grain,
Each drop that stays weighs a ton of blessing.
When rain washes the dust from the tree leaves
It prepares for the sun to polish in gold and green,
And make fields stand out with royal host of flowers
Dress in natures halo as saintly minds that are clean.
We can learn from the rain when all earth is stain,
And needs a wash, there is no restrain or sacrifice
That should stop the process needed for cleansing
And make us clean again for all heaven to rejoice.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The gentle rain by Gerry Legister )
- Psalm CXXXVII, Henry Ainsworth
- Thief, Pijush Biswas
- I Am playing, gajanan mishra
- Everyday Is a TEST, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- One Of These Pure Days, Naveed Akram
- Deepavali, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Psalm CVII, Henry Ainsworth
- Even in strife, hasmukh amathalal
- ! DESECRATED POEMS/FLOATING HYPERLINK IN.., Alice Vedral Rivera
- In the midst of ruin there is reparation, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)