The Right Gift.
When he was fifteen, a man, he had packed his bag
ready to join the merchant navy. His mother had two
parcels in her hands asked him to choose one and
not open it before he got old.
Since he liked to travel light he took the lightest packet
not bigger and heavier than letter, the other was
heavier and might have hidden a fortune.
Well he lived and loved and before he knew it was old,
opened the parcel, on a piece of paper was written
enjoy your life and embrace your elderliness.
His sister rang they had found this parcel amongst her
things with his name on it. Open it, he said. She did and
laughed, it was a brick, an ordinary house brick... How did
His mother knows he would choose the right present?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Gift by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- How Suicide Works 3, C Jay Caputo
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I Think of Kis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Poet Is A Liar, A Great Liar, You Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Poet, Chris Newton
- Insomnia, petra pen
- "The Rest of My Life.", Aaron Waingrow
- La forme a conséquence, douglas scotney
- How Suicide Works 2, C Jay Caputo
- Eid Mubarak, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- My Feet, Randy McClave