The Girl I Love
The girl I love has gone away,
on my knees...I begged her to stay.
She was my love, the only one that was true,
without her I am lost... and now don't know what to do.
Too many tears... and times I have cried,
the day she left me... a big part of me died.
She was perfection, gorgeous, pure as gold,
her love felt so warm, but now without... I feel so cold.
The saying says' there's plenty of fish in the sea',
I do know this, but.... there is only one fish for me.
Every day I hope, that she will come back,
maybe there is something...she forgot to pack.
My hopes and dreams...are thought in vain,
because deep down I know... I will never be with, my true love again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Girl I Love by James Urwin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Chaotic Dance, Saiom Shriver
- Carousel of Marriage, Donal Mahoney
- I Am Waiting For Thee, Kate Harrington
- Oh My God, Ronjoy Brahma
- Shark, Gwen Green
- Waving Fronds, Saiom Shriver
- Seasons Of The Seas, Saiom Shriver
- Greeting To The Sir Knights, Kate Harrington
- Love-Hope, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- She Dances, Andy Caldwell