The Girl I Love
The girl I love has gone away,
on my knees...I begged her to stay.
She was my love, the only one that was true,
without her I am lost... and now don't know what to do.
Too many tears... and times I have cried,
the day she left me... a big part of me died.
She was perfection, gorgeous, pure as gold,
her love felt so warm, but now without... I feel so cold.
The saying says' there's plenty of fish in the sea',
I do know this, but.... there is only one fish for me.
Every day I hope, that she will come back,
maybe there is something...she forgot to pack.
My hopes and dreams...are thought in vain,
because deep down I know... I will never be with, my true love again.
James Irwin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Girl I Love by James Irwin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Her sweet love, Kenneth Maswabi
- A Dying Victim, Margaret Alice Second
- The Witch of Willow Vale, David Lewis Paget
- TERA Rising, Dwitun Basumatary
- Shappired Demon, Dwitun Basumatary
- Across the Universe, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Red Wine and Honey, Eugene Levich
- Recollections of a Devil, Dwitun Basumatary
- North peaks, Dwitun Basumatary
- EVOKING IMAGES, Satish Verma