The Girl I Love
The girl I love has gone away,
on my knees...I begged her to stay.
She was my love, the only one that was true,
without her I am lost... and now don't know what to do.
Too many tears... and times I have cried,
the day she left me... a big part of me died.
She was perfection, gorgeous, pure as gold,
her love felt so warm, but now without... I feel so cold.
The saying says' there's plenty of fish in the sea',
I do know this, but.... there is only one fish for me.
Every day I hope, that she will come back,
maybe there is something...she forgot to pack.
My hopes and dreams...are thought in vain,
because deep down I know... I will never be with, my true love again.
James Irwin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Girl I Love by James Irwin )
- G, Nassy Fesharaki
- Side, Ruta Wuneh
- Unknown, Ruta Wuneh
- Bashfulness is the ornament for a youthf.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Yours, and only mine, Maya Tod
- IQ poeam, Angry Brownbear
- Lacklustre thoughts, Angry Brownbear
- Mindless Wind, Angry Brownbear
- Screams of Silence, Angry Brownbear
- Abode Aroma, Angry Brownbear
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Viggo Stuckenberg
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1841 - 1896)
William Schwenck Gilbert
(1836 - 1911)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns