The Girl I Love
The girl I love has gone away,
on my knees...I begged her to stay.
She was my love, the only one that was true,
without her I am lost... and now don't know what to do.
Too many tears... and times I have cried,
the day she left me... a big part of me died.
She was perfection, gorgeous, pure as gold,
her love felt so warm, but now without... I feel so cold.
The saying says' there's plenty of fish in the sea',
I do know this, but.... there is only one fish for me.
Every day I hope, that she will come back,
maybe there is something...she forgot to pack.
My hopes and dreams...are thought in vain,
because deep down I know... I will never be with, my true love again.
James Irwin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Girl I Love by James Irwin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Conor's Kid, B.. Alexander
- The journey, Eric Bult
- اكنون تو رفته اى و غزل گريه مى كند, Mehri Mehraban
- Bat 'Bleep', Ima Ryma
- The Path, Aalok Sensharma
- Invitation, Aalok Sensharma
- For Kira, Michael McParland
- LET US FIND OUT, ROCHISH MON
- Bipolar Type 1, Michael McParland
- Borrowing from a dream, Pradip Chattopadhyay