Ryan Lee Morris
The Grass Is Greener
The grass is greener so they say.
We venture to another lawn.
We still don't water and care for that grass.
That grass will be gone.
We focus on what we do not have.
Rather than what we do.
A crazy cycle of wanting more.
A jaded point of view.
Keeping up with the Joneses
A mad and thankless place.
Never stopping to smell the roses.
Running an endless race.
Life passes you by, then it's taken from you.
By a thief walking in the night.
Our wants they steal from all our needs.
Your life's a script you can't rewrite.
So value all it is that you have.
For you truly have been blessed.
Live a life that's full and abundant.
Live a life that is your best.
Grass is greener where it's watered.
With much love and with much care.
If home is where your heart is.
Put your love and your time there.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Grass Is Greener by Ryan Lee Morris )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(2 November 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- We Were Born Naked, Michael Webb
- No race, hasmukh amathalal
- The worst expectation, Nnaji Hyacinth sopuluchukwu
- Samantha's Flight, Kewayne Wadley
- GlassHouse, Kewayne Wadley
- Lost Angel Mambo, Kewayne Wadley
- Always in hurry, hasmukh amathalal
- @ DOT COM, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Roswell, Michael Webb
- Period recalled, hasmukh amathalal