My friend picked up a hitchhiker and now my friend is dead.
He picked him up when he should've kept driving instead.
The hitchhiker stabbed him to death and then took his van.
When my buddy died, we lost a truly wonderful man.
I felt a little better when that animal was caught and put in jail.
It is dangerous to pick up hitchhikers and to hitchhike as well.
When you see a hitchhiker, don't give him or her a ride.
I don't want to see a newspaper article that says you have died.
Randy Johnson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The hitchhiker by Randy Johnson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- If I were a pet, Nassy Fesharaki
- Comforts in the dark, Mark Heathcote
- Million Billion Dollar Elite Divorce Cou.., Terence G. Craddock
- Prophet, Nassy Fesharaki
- Think of no dark, hasmukh amathalal
- Paper and Scissors, Kevin Patrick
- Feel equally, hasmukh amathalal
- Long time friend, Angel A. Lockwood
- Slaves Into A New World Order, Terence G. Craddock
- Magritte and This Morning Bewick's Wren, W.M. Rivera