The hunt for love
By my nature
i am not a hunter.
that killing takes place.
the last thing
i want to do
is to kill something.
is hunting wrong?
but i think hunting is wrong
besides, as far as i am concerned
motive makes all the difference.
i was a hunter once
and didn't even know it.
a certain innocence had taken me
into the snowy woods
one snowy evening.
i was hunting
for someone to love.
little did i know my nonchalance
would lead me to another hunter.
was moving cautiously
through the same poetic snowy woods
binding snowflakes into winter dreams.
this hunter was careful
to avoid familiar mantraps
while also hunting for someone to love.
richard ilnicki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The hunt for love by richard ilnicki )
- Stronghold: Macchu Picchu, Brandt Nightingale
- Friends, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Yes/No, Morgan Michaels
- Chibok Blues, Tony Adah
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt
- The Wall of Water Falls, Brandt Nightingale
- Prayer of Ruin, Luke J. Holt
- Sweet Memories, Lilly Emery
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery