The Indian Heritage
The beautiful culture,
The beautiful colours,
with different languages and smiles.
The festivals which bring out their tradition
The Freedom of speech,
where in one can open his voice to motivate
The Beautiful tradition of draping a saree.
The classical dancing that taught me the value of it,
The hindustani music taht taught me the swing of the springs.
But today instead of cultural dances
it's rock shows and only partying,
With all such wonderful things in our country
instead of making our country a developed country
There is only brain drain
people wake up lets change this country for a better tomorrow.
RAISE YOUR VOICE AND SAY 'MERA BHARATH ITNA MAHAN'
bringing that positiveness and emotions in your heart
saying Maa tujhe salam.
Topic of this poem: Culture
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Indian Heritage by Lavanya Bandla )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Dreamt Of You 6, Michael P. McParland
- To Answer Your Question, Serena Blackinton
- ' H E I S...', sunshine garcia
- Love Note 11, Michael P. McParland
- Bicker and Swear, Donal Mahoney
- Put God First, Robert Barnett
- Te Amé Desde el Primer de los Días, Hebert Logerie
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi