The Inner Child
It is the inner child that we cannot suppress
This inner child that makes us write our best.
This inner child that grows from day to day
And that! You cannot take away!
Like the child that we are, we seek and explore
And we won’t hold back anything
As we find more and more.
We’ll write about everything from A to Z
We’ll even write about the simplest memory.
This child hides” in the deepest corner of our soul”
Waiting for life to let it unfold.
Let that child out – to face the morning sun-
And take off their shoes – so thru the grass they’ll run.
Let them feel the rains from the skies
And watch the EAGLES fly above so high.
There are so many things that the INNER CHILD can do
And that first step – all depends on you.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Inner Child by louis rams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- The Shoelace, Charles Bukowski
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Waiting Impatiently, Amitava Sur
- Recalling with Emotion in Foreign Land (.., Luo Zhihai
- To Live and to Love, Hannington Mumo
- The bad boy mentality, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- A sunflower soul, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- BFF - dOnE - playing kEtCh uP, sEaN nOrTh
- A 360 turn, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- an i like you that way - sweetest thing .., sEaN nOrTh
- Longing, Michael P. McParland
- The Home Here And Hereafter., Bazi alis Subrata Ray