The Island Of God
To infer a fact or thought you strive
And enter the righteous way,
One wonder was caring for another wonder,
The blunder sadly fought the calendar
That rose into the thunder, so that a stroke
Of lightning became something on an island.
Acting and afflicting is an advice from God,
To afford the next meal is full of mystery.
The sea drowns you as you surface,
And your dog is replenished with energy, seeking its master
Inside the sea or ocean;
The ocean masters the seeker of the woods on the island,
And hinders the swimmer.
The praising is complete and praying may be kept
By those in despair, like everybody who ever wept
And devilled in other warfare.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Island Of God by Naveed Akram )
- Feel a human life!, Somanathan Iyer
- Last night, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Erotic Haiku, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Poetry Is Where You Find It IV, Frank Avon
- As major, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic haiku by krishna Shivkumar yadav, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Open it happily, hasmukh amathalal
- Footless though, gajanan mishra
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic Cup, Krishna Shivkumar yadav