The Journey Through Life
For the wealthy and famous and the stranger to fame
The journey through life it will end much the same
For everyone born there is a last day
The clock on our lives it keeps ticking away.
On everyone in the World a use by date
And death for us all is a certain fate
And if you are World famous or one without a friend
It all amounts to nothing when it comes to the end.
Celebrities live and celebrities die
In that way they are not any different to you or to i
If in a hereafter so many believe
Then why for their dead do they bother to grieve?
To the wealthy and famous and the poor refugee
Death comes to all as to you and to me
Like the fruits of the Autumn when ripe they must fall
The journey through life it must end for us all.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Journey Through Life by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Perfect, Awkward Reality, Simon Quperlier
- The Photos, Diane Wakoski
- Thank You Dad, Damian Murphy
- Change Self Attitude and Find the World .., umaprosad das
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- The Father of My Country, Diane Wakoski
- Life May Move, hasmukh amathalal
- Baby, You Are Poetry!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Thanking My Mother for Piano Lessons, Diane Wakoski
- Risa, Matthew Hunt