The Journey Through Life
For the wealthy and famous and the stranger to fame
The journey through life it will end much the same
For everyone born there is a last day
The clock on our lives it keeps ticking away.
On everyone in the World a use by date
And death for us all is a certain fate
And if you are World famous or one without a friend
It all amounts to nothing when it comes to the end.
Celebrities live and celebrities die
In that way they are not any different to you or to i
If in a hereafter so many believe
Then why for their dead do they bother to grieve?
To the wealthy and famous and the poor refugee
Death comes to all as to you and to me
Like the fruits of the Autumn when ripe they must fall
The journey through life it must end for us all.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Journey Through Life by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Sleeping Summers Beauty, Doug Jones
- If William Carlos Williams Had Been Born.., W.B. Keckler
- When will heavens love ever decline us?, Mark Heathcote
- Winning Bee, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Is it Halloween tonight, Mark Heathcote
- Buzzing Bee, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Question Reality, Monk E. Biz
- The Caged, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- Good Are All Nights, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- DEADLY EB OLA VIRUS, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..