The Journey To The Stars
A room I stood in, filled with machinery of light and doom.
There stood the screen - in all its beauty and its evil means.
The sound was that of a piano; the greatest genius, it seems.
I waved and remembered the lighted cure it brought me and my two close mind-friends;
or multiple if I may.
They were the stars I longed for; 't was the dark I wished for -
born here that brought me, but stolen from my home I long for.
Sadly but gladly I did not know and even though I knew that I knew,
I wished it to be gone and so to be departed once more.
I could portray even more the sound of my beautiful shore; my home and more
As the night of painful feelings were at an end, it became clearer to my friend.
He was as the wolf howling with the cats of inner peace;
't was his shouting they fouled at. He stood there as the master of arts,
his sword spit the fire from within.
I had the peaceful mind and the calmness of the sea,
and I polluted their freedom as a bee pollutes the flower and leaves in free.
How could it be, my friend not mad at me.
The cats; they stood there and smiled as if I were the one they waited for.
It became clear to me, it was my mind playing tricks with my mind;
it sounded crazy to me.
But it was the truth I never wanted.
It was the hope I fought for and never been granted.
Ultimately, it was my life I longed for and the paradox it brought,
for I had wanted the one and the other at my forgotten time.
Herant X..'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Journey To The Stars by Herant X.. )
- Surya, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Three ceremonies, Aftab Alam
- A Flight, Amitava Sur
- Insulted poet, douglas scotney
- Like attracts like, gajanan mishra
- Toad of my Pocket, Kelly Zion
- On A Mountain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Village song, Tony Adah
- It is best, hasmukh amathalal
- World Of Poetry, Savita Tyagi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)