Hamza Al Saieedy
The King's Joker: The Battle Of the Poets
Would they leave the palace gate?
Let the poets wait there, wait!
Send the ham and bring the wine,
Let them fight for one more line,
Will they write to the men's sake,
One is true, the rest are fake!
You’ll stand and sing for your king,
Will he gives you the gilded wing?
As royal knights you would leave!
Make the king enjoys his eve.
Say the truth and spare your lies,
Between his hands the men dies!
It's your faith don't be that nice!
Throw you dice and wait the price..
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
and the way they say their poetry!
so.. I wanted to speak in their tongue! !
and I made a short story through the poem,
to give it a purpose and a real action..
Comments about this poem (The King's Joker: The Battle Of the Poets by Hamza Al Saieedy )
- CV, Mae AC.
- Endless game, hasmukh amathalal
- Seasonings of Sense, Mae AC.
- War And Not To Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ISRO's MOM in Mars - Congrats to Indian .., Dr John Celes
- Free on the Breeze, Thomas Plotz
- Gather strength, hasmukh amathalal
- INDIA! INDIA!, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Morning, Sara Hopkins
- My India (Hindi) भारत अपना, S.D. TIWARI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)