I hoped that he would love me,
And he has kissed my mouth,
But I am like a stricken bird
That cannot reach the south.
For though I know he loves me,
To-night my heart is sad;
His kiss was not so wonderful
As all the dreams I had.
Sara Teasdale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Kiss by Sara Teasdale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- To my coy grand mum, Emmanuel chibuike
- Miss Flynn Walking The Halls, John Surowiecki
- Chopin Mazuraka In A Minor, John Surowiecki
- Mrs. SZMYKLESZCZWLADECZERYNIECKI'S Last .., John Surowiecki
- Movie Stars Thank My Mother For Her Patr.., John Surowiecki
- INSPIRATION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The Wisest Aunt, Telling the Saddest Tales, John Surowiecki
- Matin No. 2, John Surowiecki
- The Pristine Chapel, Dog goD 8Hate
- The Mower at the VA Hospital, John Surowiecki