I hoped that he would love me,
And he has kissed my mouth,
But I am like a stricken bird
That cannot reach the south.
For though I know he loves me,
To-night my heart is sad;
His kiss was not so wonderful
As all the dreams I had.
Sara Teasdale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Kiss by Sara Teasdale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A Prayer, Edgar Albert Guest
- Gratitude, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Eternal Poet, Sandra Feldman
- Challenge, Edgar Albert Guest
- I, Edgar Albert Guest
- Dixie Cup, Charles Hancock
- Defeat, Edgar Albert Guest
- People Like Him, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Bear Story, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Boy Enlists, Edgar Albert Guest