Dr John Celes
The Lady With The Lamp
It took just one great, noble soul
With pioneering exemplary thought
Who went to rescue the wounded
In the Crimean war!
She became the world-famous
‘Lady with the lamp’
Who set the rules of a group
That served the sick and infirm!
And thus was born
A noble profession
Which spread tender, loving care
Amidst humanity, rare!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Lady With The Lamp by Dr John Celes )
- Seizing The Arrears, Dexsta Ray
- I shall sing, hasmukh amathalal
- Thelo (1), Branden Aeling
- Why lord should look, hasmukh amathalal
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal
- Water has central place, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood