The land that time forgot
Imagine a land not far away, a land that times forgotten,
A land where people love to love and guns are made of cotton.
Imagine a land not far away, a land that everyone remembers,
A land where ALL the people rule, not parliamentary members.
Imagine a land not far away, one that absent from the war,
A land where we let nature rule, as she ruled before.
Imagine a land not far away, if I take you will you go?
A land where there’s no need to kill, the army’s just for show.
Imagine a land not far away, does it seems so hard to find?
A land where we can be like this, cant only be in my mind.
Paul Cornell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The land that time forgot by Paul Cornell )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)