The Last Drop
Of every day,
There are thoughts
Running through our minds.
Some are random,
Some are rational.
Others are thought through,
Others a logic.
But when your dying,
Or taking yur life,
There are no thoughts.
It's quiet up there.
The voices stop.
The questions to.
So, thats why,
why I did this.
I did it for the silence.
As the last drop of drop,
Leaves my body,
This is nice.
M.J. Henderson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Last Drop by M.J. Henderson )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Paul Laurence Dunbar
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)