The Last Little Piggy
Did you ever hear the full ending of the Three Little Pigs tale?
In the end...the last little piggy had to sue the builders
when the foundation of his brick house...did fail,
and on top of that...
He built a house without planning permission,
and could have faced a fine...or even gone to Jail.
To the council the little Pig made many trips,
each time the Big Bad Wolf... watching, whilst licking his big hairy lips.
'With brick'...the little pig was told...he could build his home in any town,
but in the country side...'your brick house...under regulations, it must be knocked down.'
'That is the rules of this land,
do you Little Piggy '...they asked...'understand? '
'But all my friends that have built with Straw,
are no longer here...they are no more,
built with Sticks... they have too been beaten,
now you want me to build like that... then surely I will be next to be eaten.
Told to take it down... that very day,
little piggy was sent on his way.
He knocked down his old house...leaving a pile of bricks,
and quickly made another... out of just straw and sticks.
That night the Big Bad Wolf made a toast,
to all his council friends...who come around for a party...and to have...a Little Piggy spit roast.
James Irwin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Last Little Piggy by James Irwin )
- For every smile thus there the stars of .., Raymond Sawyer
- he Gift, david kush
- I'm always like this, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Soar Where Those Poor Of Faith Reside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- He told the officers, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- To touch a star is to be ouch with respe.., Raymond Sawyer
- Her enchanted delight, Amgad Samy
- my glasses, Bull Hawking
- 64 and deaf, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- For every star that one see is the star .., Raymond Sawyer
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- November, Thomas Hood
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(1 February 1927)