The last romance
I am losing time trying to read your mind,
Bring your heart’s desire into the light,
The love we have is so very hard to find
The moment is right; let's romance tonight.
I wonder if we can recapture that pleasure
Put a star in the sky and see the sparkle your eyes,
Secrets we shared will last beyond this hour
Love fulfilling all our twilight desires.
The time we spent is filled with fragrance.
Awaiting dreams to float into our mind,
Serenading moments of magical trance,
Every touch paints a portrait refined.
The last romance tuning heart strings to melody
Music replayed rekindles the burning fire,
That weaves and moves between wanton entity,
The flying fairies take our soul higher.
The last romance where seraphs join our dance,
Eternity veils in shades of their silken wings
Swept up to heaven by the breeze in a glance
To a vernal throne glass designed with songs.
Fragrant rose from embers of fires that lived on,
All that we shared is strewn in a forest of shade
Till the day when our soul is ruptured at dawn
Resurrection dusts in the sky to invade.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The last romance by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- season of fall autumn, binod bastola
- Coming to you I said, gajanan mishra
- Smell the RosesT, Bill Cantrell
- I Invited You To Visit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A New Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bluened Tones, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Thirst, Aufie Zophy
- Enchanting Essence And Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Much more, Aufie Zophy
- Awaiting Universe Claims A Seconds Thought, Terence G. Craddock