~~The life i never wanted~~
I look in the mirror and what do I see?
nothing but the pretty girl I wish I could be
My friends tell me I should be happy about who I am,
but right here, right now I don't think I can.
In a world that's superficial,
girls now artificial.
I don't want to be like that
just because I'm not a size zero doesn't mean I'm fat!
I try my own ways
they mumble and whisper 'Its just a phase.'
I wont were 10 pounds of makeup
my skin is clean and wont breakup.
What ever you say
I'll go my own way
your no friend of mine
if you can't show me your kind.
I'll find a new crowd
where I can be proud
of who I am.
About you...I don't give a damn.
And with that I stroll out of the store for girls who eat as little as possible so that they can fit into the cloths, and onto the street, breathing in crisp fresh air. Walking by a cafe a man with gentle eyes smiles softly at me, I decide to go in. The chiming bells signaling the passage of one life to another.
Angelic Warrior's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~~The life i never wanted~~ by Angelic Warrior )
- Walking Into The Future, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Pillow of the night, Emmanuel George Cefai
- O to be haunted!, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Trembling glow-worm, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Magic word!, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Haunting lines, Emmanuel George Cefai
- High, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Increasing distances, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Man of Snow, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Carrying On, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(30 June 1911 – 14 August 2004)
- Heather Burns
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)