~~The life i never wanted~~
I look in the mirror and what do I see?
nothing but the pretty girl I wish I could be
My friends tell me I should be happy about who I am,
but right here, right now I don't think I can.
In a world that's superficial,
girls now artificial.
I don't want to be like that
just because I'm not a size zero doesn't mean I'm fat!
I try my own ways
they mumble and whisper 'Its just a phase.'
I wont were 10 pounds of makeup
my skin is clean and wont breakup.
What ever you say
I'll go my own way
your no friend of mine
if you can't show me your kind.
I'll find a new crowd
where I can be proud
of who I am.
About you...I don't give a damn.
And with that I stroll out of the store for girls who eat as little as possible so that they can fit into the cloths, and onto the street, breathing in crisp fresh air. Walking by a cafe a man with gentle eyes smiles softly at me, I decide to go in. The chiming bells signaling the passage of one life to another.
Angelic Warrior's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~~The life i never wanted~~ by Angelic Warrior )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(June 27, 1936 - February 13, 2010)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
Poem of the Day
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- The Scheme, Tony Adah
- The Worry, Leong Ming Loong
- जो अब तन्हा ही निकला तो, ज़माना साथ चलता है, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra