~~The life i never wanted~~
I look in the mirror and what do I see?
nothing but the pretty girl I wish I could be
My friends tell me I should be happy about who I am,
but right here, right now I don't think I can.
In a world that's superficial,
girls now artificial.
I don't want to be like that
just because I'm not a size zero doesn't mean I'm fat!
I try my own ways
they mumble and whisper 'Its just a phase.'
I wont were 10 pounds of makeup
my skin is clean and wont breakup.
What ever you say
I'll go my own way
your no friend of mine
if you can't show me your kind.
I'll find a new crowd
where I can be proud
of who I am.
About you...I don't give a damn.
And with that I stroll out of the store for girls who eat as little as possible so that they can fit into the cloths, and onto the street, breathing in crisp fresh air. Walking by a cafe a man with gentle eyes smiles softly at me, I decide to go in. The chiming bells signaling the passage of one life to another.
Angelic Warrior's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~~The life i never wanted~~ by Angelic Warrior )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Lovers of the sun, Tony md chamasense
- A Lucky Penny, Hebert Logerie
- A Letter for a Broken Hearted, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Allure And Mystique, Margaret Alice Second
- Beware, Tony md chamasense
- Longing., Jak Black
- Summer Nights, Deborah Ager
- The Old House, Paul Gerard Reed
- The role of Kama, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I Dream of Her, Olufayo Ezekiel