~~The life i never wanted~~
I look in the mirror and what do I see?
nothing but the pretty girl I wish I could be
My friends tell me I should be happy about who I am,
but right here, right now I don't think I can.
In a world that's superficial,
girls now artificial.
I don't want to be like that
just because I'm not a size zero doesn't mean I'm fat!
I try my own ways
they mumble and whisper 'Its just a phase.'
I wont were 10 pounds of makeup
my skin is clean and wont breakup.
What ever you say
I'll go my own way
your no friend of mine
if you can't show me your kind.
I'll find a new crowd
where I can be proud
of who I am.
About you...I don't give a damn.
And with that I stroll out of the store for girls who eat as little as possible so that they can fit into the cloths, and onto the street, breathing in crisp fresh air. Walking by a cafe a man with gentle eyes smiles softly at me, I decide to go in. The chiming bells signaling the passage of one life to another.
Angelic Warrior's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~~The life i never wanted~~ by Angelic Warrior )
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way