Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
The Life Lived Of A Belching Frog
Is the life lived of a belching frog,
More important than the one...
Sitting quietly on a lily pad,
Looking at its reflection...
On a mirror smooth pond?
Or is the frog that belches,
Showing more appreciation...
For the flies that are attracted.
And the reason that a belching frog,
Could care less about an image reflected.
But expresses a gratefulness for the feast,
Available to be eaten.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.