The Lying Mirrors
When you look in the mirror does it tell a lie.
Does the mirror tell you who you are inside.
Does it tell you, that you have inner and outer beauty.
Or does it make you ask why do i do this to me.
Trust what the mirror tell you is a complete lie.
The mirror will make you ignore your heart and listen to your mind.
No matter what inside and out you are beautiful.
And never let the lying mirrors fool you.
Remember, believing you have much beauty goes a far way.
And when you look in the mirror 'I am beautiful' is what you should be able to say.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Lying Mirrors by Olivia Thimes )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- When You Are Old, William Butler Yeats
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)