Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
The Making of a New Pope
All Cardinals in Conclave pray
The Holy Spirit guides all day
To voice of God, they will all heed;
A miracle, 'Twill be indeed!
Sistine's chimney will spew smoke white!
'Twill be a grand and joyful sight;
As Holy Father's chosen new,
St.Peter's square with joy will fill.
The best among the Shepherds rest;
The one victorious in the test;
He'll be the Chief Shepherd henceforth;
To Catholics, he'll give great mirth.
A lot of work, he's got to do;
The present world in chaos lies;
There's a spiritual, mundane divide;
Problems galore, the Church does face.
A wise and divine man will come
To Peter's chair and be welcome;
The conclave will find out that man
In secrecy, in short a span.
The Holy See will see new Pope;
With modern problems, he will cope;
He'll lead flock to pastures God-made,
And feed the lambs as Jesus bade!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 12-03-13
Poet Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.