The Man on the Cross
There was a man that died upon the cross.
His death spread across.
All of the world offering hope from condemnation.
He brought, delivering from the wings' of Heaven redemption.
From the perilous cost of sin,
The moment He was born.
Conceived of a virgin, untouched by man,
Designed only by, God's omniscience, plan.
Impregnated, by the Holy Spirit,
She conceived God's Holy Son.
Jesus Christ born from a virgin.
Who lived a life without sin!
Who fought satan's evil demons'.
With God's Heavenly words',
He had one destiny in mind.
It was a race against time.
He set out to win.
All the lost souls of the world!
Nailed to a cross,
Wearing a crown of thorns,
He died with a sign above His head, the king of Kings.
Hearing the people mourn.
As Heaven's Angels' sing,
Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest.
Buried entombed in a rich man's grave.
In a cave,
Sealed with a large boulder,
He carried all the weight of sin on His shoulder!
He rose on the third day.
Making a way,
For all of those that believe in Him should be saved.
He paved the way.
Nailing hell's gate shut.
For all the saved!
Giving His equal inheritance away!
Jesus Christ paid the debt for all.
John 3: 16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whom so ever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Man on the Cross by Patricia Kelley )
- Evermore, Sheehan Patrick Augustine
- A lovely even for the stars of respect., Raymond Sawyer
- Silence Passed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I am thankful for my children Ethan, and.., Sagrario Garcia
- The universe is conspiring in our favor, Sagrario Garcia
- A Disagreement, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- O Death Oh Loser, Adeosun Olamide
- How Many Things Are Still Left (The End .., Stephen Warren Williams
- Will I With It Sit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- groundnut seller, umoh cyril
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)