The Man on the Cross
There was a man that died upon the cross.
His death spread across.
All of the world offering hope from condemnation.
He brought, delivering from the wings' of Heaven redemption.
From the perilous cost of sin,
The moment He was born.
Conceived of a virgin, untouched by man,
Designed only by, God's omniscience, plan.
Impregnated, by the Holy Spirit,
She conceived God's Holy Son.
Jesus Christ born from a virgin.
Who lived a life without sin!
Who fought satan's evil demons'.
With God's Heavenly words',
He had one destiny in mind.
It was a race against time.
He set out to win.
All the lost souls of the world!
Nailed to a cross,
Wearing a crown of thorns,
He died with a sign above His head, the king of Kings.
Hearing the people mourn.
As Heaven's Angels' sing,
Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest.
Buried entombed in a rich man's grave.
In a cave,
Sealed with a large boulder,
He carried all the weight of sin on His shoulder!
He rose on the third day.
Making a way,
For all of those that believe in Him should be saved.
He paved the way.
Nailing hell's gate shut.
For all the saved!
Giving His equal inheritance away!
Jesus Christ paid the debt for all.
John 3: 16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whom so ever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Man on the Cross by Patricia Kelley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- There Is A Time When One Forces Oneself .., Shalom Freedman
- Lament to the Full Moon, Geoffrey Fafard
- Roach Talk, Ima Ryma
- Haiku A Butterfly By Sophy Chen, Sophy Chen
- MERCY OUR COVALENCY REMAINS WITH BUOYANCY, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Haiku A Wizened Rose By Sophy Chen, Sophy Chen
- A Cleaner World, Luis Estable
- A Coronary Relapse, white dove
- When I Die, Luis Estable
- As if I'd Fallen in Its Waves by Sophy.., Sophy Chen