The Meaning of Us
The feeling of becoming breathless when you wrap me in your arms
Placing your soft hands around my waist
As you lean into my ear sweetly whispering ' I love you.'
Making me feel weak yet i know I'm safe with you
The chill up and down my spine whenever I hear your voice
My heart slips a few beats just having an image of your smile in my thoughts
I have such an emotional attachment to you
You're like a drug, and I'm so addicted
I never want to leave your side whenever we're together
And i miss you terribly the split second we part ways
Even though it may take a few shots just to get things right
There is no one else in this world I would want
To make me feel because this way
The way you do
You said 'No label.'
And since then, I have realized you're right
You can't label something that is So TRUE
So real, so meant to be
I have never believed in fate; soulmates
'The right one'
But I didn't have to because he stood right in front of my face for many years
I don't think any words could ever describe
What it is we really are to eachother
I grew up knowing that not ONE thing or person is perfect.
PERFECT: has no flaws
Where in the world did this word come from
If every thing and everyone were flawless
Crystal Castro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Meaning of Us by Crystal Castro )
- horses of the sea, Stan Petrovich
- Dead Eye Notes, Shikdar Waliuzzaman
- Its 3: 00 A.M, Ajay Vyas
- No Love Lost For My Questioning Love, Sfisesihle Nxumalo
- PH: Poetry: God's Kind Of Poetry, Brian Johnston
- earthenware are you?, Mandolyn ...
- light bulbs flicker for a reason, Mandolyn ...
- Through A Puppet's Eyes, Dilantha Gunawardana
- soon., Mandolyn ...
- Dragon King Daughter, Tim caffery
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)