The melody of my heart
If I would try to put words to paper
and try to describe love I would fell short.
If I would ask a million musicians to write a melody
even they would not be able to get it right,
as love is something difficult to describe.
Even if I could pluck all of the stars from heaven
and string them up as pearls
to give them as a gift of love,
I would have given nothing.
If I could empty the sea
and make it a paradise for you,
even that action would not describe
the depths of love.
You have woven my thoughts
like a spider web
and even every moment
that I make is felt by you.
You have become my universe
and I wear your love like a turban
around my heart.
You have brought my childhood longings
back into my thoughts
and a longing to belong to somebody.
It is difficult to express how much
I do love you
but love itself becomes the melody
that sets words to paper.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The melody of my heart by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- *X*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- Lullaby, Richard D. Remler
- The final sentence, s yadu krishnan
- Rhythm's Of Propensity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- PREDATORS 10 WORDS, Beryl Dov
- The two laughs of a toddler, Kaki Venugopala Rao
- *IX*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- Making A Nation, Tony Adah
- Two Moons, Akhtar Jawad
- If James T. Kirk wrote a poem, Gouda Moon