The melody of my heart
If I would try to put words to paper
and try to describe love I would fell short.
If I would ask a million musicians to write a melody
even they would not be able to get it right,
as love is something difficult to describe.
Even if I could pluck all of the stars from heaven
and string them up as pearls
to give them as a gift of love,
I would have given nothing.
If I could empty the sea
and make it a paradise for you,
even that action would not describe
the depths of love.
You have woven my thoughts
like a spider web
and even every moment
that I make is felt by you.
You have become my universe
and I wear your love like a turban
around my heart.
You have brought my childhood longings
back into my thoughts
and a longing to belong to somebody.
It is difficult to express how much
I do love you
but love itself becomes the melody
that sets words to paper.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The melody of my heart by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
- The song of a bird - a translation of a .., Ravikumar C.P.
Poem of the Day
- Love Note 9, Michael P. McParland
- Lamentation of the Weak, Abby Bilan
- Love so unkempt..., Kenneth Maswabi
- morning conversation, oskar hansen
- Rescued, Ima Ryma
- Temptation of Xuanwu Lake, Luo Zhihai
- Ghazal: In Silence, Mimi Khalvati
- Awaiting for March, Rimni chakravarty
- Of Snowdrape On Winterscape..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Made Electric By The Moon, Is It Poetry