Never have I loved before
With such burning desire;
Never has anyone stirred in me
This rage of living fire
You've chained my lonely heart to yours
And placed it in a shrine;
But it's a chain of light and dreams
That binds your heart to mine
You won my heart so tenderly,
Like a knight from days of old;
If love were visible to your eyes,
What wonders you'd behold!
But do the words I speak suffice -
Do they define my intent?
Is there a language I have to learn
That angels have yet to invent?
Or shall I dare to ask a favor
Of the robin or the wren?
Out of pity, will they speak for me,
Out of joy, will they sing again?
You're the miracle I've waited for,
The prayer that was finally heard;
If you don't know how I feel by now,
Then there simply are no words
Lora Colon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Miracle by Lora Colon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Burning Ashes of Moon, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Autumn Leaf, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Lonely Flower, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Oh Soldiers, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- My Freedom Song, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- two way life, Somanathan Iyer
- Playing Your Words, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Shooting and Terrorism, ROGEL FRANCIS SORIOSO
- Wish and desire, Somanathan Iyer
- Is this what We asked for?, Somanathan Iyer