THE MOON AND STARS IN THE MIDNIGHT BLUE SKY
I lay on the garden grass one midnight blue sky and admired the moon so mighty high.
On quite a chilly night, it seemed like I was smoking a pipe.
There it was starring and smiling down at me.
A butter yellow face well rounded and so defined sitting so attractive in the midnight blue sky.
I wondered what it would be like to sit on the moon and watch the whole world…. I even imagined hanging off the moon! ! !
Out of the midnight blue the little silver stars started to shoot out turn by turn each one twinkling right back at me…
Suddenly there was now a display of a thousand disco lights flashing across the sky!
It looked like the moon and stars were complimenting one another.
I got up and danced on the damp grass.
It made me feel like the luckiest person alive!
The roundness of the moon made me realise it actually does makes the world go round….
Forget money & riches, the moon and the stars are RICHER.
Premila Patel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE MOON AND STARS IN THE MIDNIGHT BLUE SKY by Premila Patel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Angel On Earth, Johnny Goyena
- Fore-as the forename, manthra har
- My Wish For You, Johnny Goyena
- Very unique lovecraft!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Whiskey, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Lit Summers Sky, Lilly Emery
- After the Equinox, Francie Lynch
- Who Calls It That You Are Corrupt And Fa.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Holding My Unkempt Beards, Burquawalli A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Prime Truth - 85, Pranab K. Chakraborty