THE MOON AND STARS IN THE MIDNIGHT BLUE SKY
I lay on the garden grass one midnight blue sky and admired the moon so mighty high.
On quite a chilly night, it seemed like I was smoking a pipe.
There it was starring and smiling down at me.
A butter yellow face well rounded and so defined sitting so attractive in the midnight blue sky.
I wondered what it would be like to sit on the moon and watch the whole world…. I even imagined hanging off the moon! ! !
Out of the midnight blue the little silver stars started to shoot out turn by turn each one twinkling right back at me…
Suddenly there was now a display of a thousand disco lights flashing across the sky!
It looked like the moon and stars were complimenting one another.
I got up and danced on the damp grass.
It made me feel like the luckiest person alive!
The roundness of the moon made me realise it actually does makes the world go round….
Forget money & riches, the moon and the stars are RICHER.
Premila Patel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE MOON AND STARS IN THE MIDNIGHT BLUE SKY by Premila Patel )
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
- debris, oskar hansen
- Les Éventails, Portraits of Passion, Nathalie Handal
- The Hooked & Crooked Men As The Communis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Star chat........., SALINI NAIR
- Chicane, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Just A Few Simple Words, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)